If you felt a little lost in 2020, or if you’re carrying some of that feeling into the new year, you’re not alone. In fact, we know a group just like that—the homeless animals of St. Louis. And if there’s one truth we’ve learned over the years, it’s that helping others is a surefire way of helping yourself feel better.
Now, if only there was some kind of fun event to help all those local pets and, in turn, make yourself feel great. And if there were prizes and money involved, that’d be cool too.
It’s an incredibly leading statement, which requires a big payoff: New Year for the Strays, Purina’s annual trivia night benefitting local pet welfare organizations is coming up January 29. Now entering its 18th year, this raucous gathering of a thousand local pet-lovers is taking a virtual twist, but the benefit to charities—16 in all—is all the same.
Here’s how it works:
- Use this link to buy your ticket, only one purchase is necessary per household.
- Select between three different ticket packages, ranging from $25-$150.
- Pick up your silver and gold trivia night ticket packages at our South County or Dog Grove locations.
- Log on to the provided link at 7PM on January 29 for ten rounds of trivia, raffles and an online silent auction.
- Win the 1st place prize of $300 (we believe in you).
On the night of, just be sure to flash your TWB water bottle, which is included in the Gold VIP ticket package, along with an Imo’s pizza kit, beer, wine, cupcakes, 50/50 raffle tickets and more. It’s a big production that we’re proud to play a small part of, alongside some of our favorite businesses and organizations, like Schlafly and the APA.
There’s plenty of extra info on the official New Years for the Strays website. Head there to buy your tickets, then start brushing up on your 19th-century vice presidents, minor estuaries and sportsball facts.