At The Watering Bowl, we live by a set of principles, or dogma. And chief among those beliefs is to love, honor and obey your hangovers. And if you already broke out the dictionary for “dogma,” then you can close it for “hangovers.” Because that term means something a little different around here.
To us, a hangover is the day of doggy exhaustion your pup feels after a stint at The Watering Bowl. In essence, you’re getting two days of daycare for the price of one. But every year since 2013, we’ve gone one step further and rewarded the most deserving hangovers with a slew of fabulous prizes.
Per year’s past, our top Facebook-like-getter will receive $1,000 to split between themselves and the animal welfare organization of their choice: Stray Rescue of St. Louis, Animal Protective Association (APA), Gateway Pet Guardians, Five Acres Animal Shelter or Needy Paws Rescue. But this time around, we’re opening up the contest with a set of new, superlative awards.
Even if your dog isn’t the grand prize winner, they can still be selected by our guest judges for our superlative categories, and receive two free days of daycare in addition to our special judge-provided gift. Our new categories are:
- Most Contorted Sleeper, judged by Wil Rogers of Schlafly, winner receives three cases of Uncaged Ale and a $50 gift card to Schlafly.
- Most Creative Hangover, judged by Teresa Miller of Treats Unleashed, winner receives a $100 gift card to Treats Unleashed.
- Most Rubbable Belly, judged by Kaite Flamm of Purina, winner receives four bags of Purina Pro Plan and a Pooch Pawty at Purina Farms.
Now, let’s get to (even more) good stuff.
2020 HANGOVER CONTEST TIMELINE
- 10/18-20 : Entry period
- 10/22 – 10/23: Open Voting and Judge Selections
- VOTING ENDS 5PM
- 10/26 : Winner(s) Announced
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- During the entry period, post your best doggy hangover photo on The Watering Bowl’s Facebook page.
- Your submission must include:
- Your dog’s name (don’t go stealing all the glory for yourself)
- Our contest hashtag, #TWBHC20
- And the hashtag of the charity you’d split the winnings with:
- After posting, we’ll like your photo to confirm it was received.
HOW TO WIN
- On the morning of October 22nd, we’ll post an album of all contest entries.
- 1 like = 1 vote.
- Once we post the album, share it with your friends to rack up some extra votes.
- Only the votes received on our photo album will be counted. Likes on a share, or any other outside post, will not be included in the final tally.
- The photo with the most votes at 5:00PM on October 23th wins our grand prize.
- On October 26th, we’ll announce the grand prize winner, alongside the judge-selected photos for our superlative categories.
- All votes are welcome, from both TWB clients and non-clients alike.
- Most Votes: $500 dollars + $500 dollars for your selected charity.
- Superlative Categories: Two free days of daycare at any TWB location and a gift from our generous guest judges.
- None of the Above: The joy of participation.
If you need some inspiration, take a look at our 2019 photo album. Then, mark your calendars and grab that camera. This year’s hangover competition promises to be both stiff and sleepy.